In a testament to the immediacy of social media, Lance Armstrong announced via Twitter that his fracture was not a clean break and he is forced to undergo the knife at 7am this morning (Austin time)
- Good morning. Ready to get this over with. “Higs” (my manager) will update when it’s over and keep y’all updated.(Approx 8am this morning Eastern Time)
- At home finally. Whew. Long coupla days. Surgery at 7am tomorrow.(Approx 1am last night Eastern Time)
- Getting a CT scan now.(Approx 11pm last night Eastern Time)
- At the doc’s office. I guess it wasn’t such a “clean” fracture after all. Bummer.(Approx 11pm last night Eastern Time)
- Back in austin. Headed to the doctor’s office.(Approx 9pm last night Eastern Time)
- Back in the good ol’ U S of A. (Approx 6pm last night Eastern Time)
Reuters and the AP can’t match this kind of coverage. This shows that a silly application like Twitter can have tremendous implications as a real-time news source. Who would have thought.
UPDATE: 9:49am Eastern
About to head in. See y’all in a few. Livestrong.